How do I participate?
To participate, you have to submit:
- An original short film/mini documentary no longer than 10 minutes in length featuring an interview with a World War II survivor.
- Include a title for the film as well as a short description.
- Videos should be uploaded on Facebook and set to public.
- Tag R.AGE on the video.
- Deadline for submissions is April 26 2016 at 11.59PM.
- By submitting for the competition, you are agreeing to give Star Media Group the full rights to use your submitted video and article. Star Media Group will be allowed to republish the material, either in full or with edits.
- Star Media Group reserves the right to disqualify submissions if in the sole opinion of Star Media Group that the videos and/or blogspot breaches any laws, bylaws, statutes, the terms and conditions contained herein; is defamatory in nature; are over the time limit; or if the video files submitted are corrupted or cannot be played for whatever reason.
- The judges’ decisions are final and Star Media Group will not entertain any appeal whatsoever.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
R.AGE X Urbanscapes 2016 The Last Survivors video submission contest
- R.AGE X Urbanscapes 2016 World War II Survivor video submission contest is open from 13 April until 26 April at 11.59PM.
- The Contest is open to Malaysians aged 18-35 (“Participants”). Failure to provide proof will result in the participants having to forfeit the prize.
- Employees and immediate family members of Star Media Group Berhad (formerly known as Star Publications (M) Berhad) (“Star Media Group”) and its group of companies are prohibited from participating.
- The video must be no more than 10 minutes long.
- The video must be set to public and R.AGE tagged.
- No bulk, third party or automated entries or those submitted via macros, interference or similar means are permitted.
- All entries must be received by the appointed deadline.
- All entries submitted must be set to public view.
- No single winner may win more than 1 prize.
- Winners are to collect their prizes from Menara Star, 15 Jalan 16/11, 46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
- By submitting the entries, the producers and owners of the entries are to grant the Organisers exclusive rights of the copyright to use the entries or material submitted for library, promotional, or commercial use globally.
- Only entries submitted within the Contest Period will be valid. This is subject to the Extension of the Contest Period as decided by the Organiser at its absolute discretion. Entries submitted after the expiry of the Contest Period will be automatically disqualified.
- Entries will be judged based on depth of research, creativity, the techniques used, the plot and the visuals. Judges’ decision is final, conclusive and binding. No further appeal, enquiry and/or correspondence will be entertained.
- There will only be three (3) winners of the contest.
- Participants who are not contactable within 7 days of the notification date after reasonable means (using the contact details provided by the participant) will be disqualified and lose their entitlement to the prize. The weekly winner will be re-decided and the prize will be awarded to another participant.
- Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.
- R.AGE may refuse to award the prize if in our sole opinion the response breaches any laws, bylaws, statutes, the terms and conditions contained herein; is defamatory in nature; or if the photo cannot be viewed/accessed for whatever reason.
- The judges’ decisions are final, and R.AGE will not entertain any appeals.
- R.AGE reserves the right to amend any of the terms and conditions contained herewith without reference to you. You are strongly encouraged to visit this page to obtain the updated and latest terms and conditions for this contest.